It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Welcome
Welcome to DesertDatsuns

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Chandler Parade of Lights 2013, Saturday December 7th
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:55 am 

It's time to start thinking about the Chandler Light Christmas Parade again.

The parade is held in downtown Chandler where Christmas spirit is displayed to varying degrees on our cars and trucks. Some just put a wreath on the front, while others go all the way out with Christmas lights, music, and more. It's up to your imagination, budget, and desire to decorate your vehicle. There are a lot of decorative ideas that can be done and not damage paint. For example, using those suction cups on the window and plugging a string of lights in to a power inverter. Passengers are welcome, so it's a great family event. One time I had a friend and his 2 kids in my car and his kids had a lot of fun being in a parade.

This event started in 2001 when I was with Desert Z Association, then with a club Rich (rv510) and I started, called Datsun Nissan Drivers. With entries from Desert Datsuns in 2009, we won 1st Place Best Lit Automotive Group (WOOHOO!!!).

Look forward to Tech Sessions soon to come up with decorative ideas and get our vehicle able to handle any electrical loads, such as a power inverter.

After the parade, we usually go to a nearby restaurant for food and fun. The place will be determined later.

Here is the link to last years Xmas Parade thread: chandler-parade-of-lights-2012-saturday-december-1st-t2593.html

We won our second Best Lit Automotive Group last year:

Post subject: Re: Chandler Parade of Lights 2013, Saturday December 7th
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:31 am 

would like to go this year with grimace. i have to work on some issues first like brakes, front end, finish up exhaust. only time i have off are sundays/mondays

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:01 pm 

Just got word that the City of Chandler doesn’t need proof of insurance and are confirmed for up to 8 vehicles. So, there is hope for Grimace. Anyone else want to join in on the fun? You don’t need to go as crazy with lights as I and Rich do. So far only my 510 and Rich’s(rv510) are the only ones. There is a red 300ZX(Z31) and black Sentra that have participated the last several parades, but I have been unable to contact them. I have a couple extra power inverters and extra lights.

Using the blue tape and only having the lights on during the parade won't damage paint.

Anyone from Tuscon? Saucey?

Also, there is a mandatory meeting on Wednesday, November 6th at 6:00 PM in downtown Chandler. Unfortunately, my stay in Florida has been extended once again and I will be unable to attend, as my flight arrives in Phoenix after 7:00 PM on November 6th. Rich works second shift, so he can’t make it. Is anybody willing to attend in my place? I will send more detailed location information. They need someone from each group to attend for legal reasons(darn lawyers) or the group can’t be in the parade.

I hope to be able to contact the driver(s) of the 300ZX and Sentra and hope they can attend, but I will owe whoever can make it a lunch/dinner at the next event we both attend.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:27 pm 

I have the 6th off if you still need someone to go to the meeting, and I should be able to get the 7th off so I could join you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:21 pm 

I posted this event on Facebook hopping to get more peeps and there datsuns to join in on the fun this year.

Enjoy the Ride!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:08 am 

Saucey wrote:
I have the 6th off if you still need someone to go to the meeting, and I should be able to get the 7th off so I could join you.

That would be awesome, your 620 would be the first Datsun pickup to join in on the fun.

I have the week off work before the parade to get mine ready, so I will be able to spend 100% of my time before the parade to help others.

How is Grimace? Any luck with the charging issue? Gene, I still owe you a diagram of how I wired it up.

Let's think positive that I will be able to find someone to attend the meeting this Wednesday, or we forfeit the chance to participate in the parade this year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:08 pm 

Found somebody to attend the mandatory meeting, so Desert Datsuns will be in the parade again this year, WOOHOO!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:33 pm 

me and Charlie have been working on grimace trying to get it ready for parade of lights

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:53 am 

Looks like I might need to go back to Florida the end of the week before Thanksgiving and hope to return Wednesday (27th). With the week of before the parade, I still think it can happen.

Kyle, are you still planning on participating? We should get together before the 7th and plan what will be done to make sure it will all work.

I plan to help Gene get his 521(Grimace) ready this Sunday, the 17th.

Here is the latest list:
1) Ben - 510
2) Rich - 510
3) Gene - 521
4) Kyle - 620
5) Waylenne - 300ZX(Z32) - Still haven't been able to contact her.
6) Waylenne's Son - Sentra – Need to contact him through Waylenne.
7) ???
8) ???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:31 am 

I tried to get the day off so I could be in but work is a pain in the taillights sorry it would of been fun.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next